Wednesday 3 April 2024

Daisy III - end of a chapter

 


Sadly, the previous post signalled the end of my time with Daisy III.  I loved every minute of owning her.  However, changes in personal circumstances, principally dog ownership, has changed the way in which I want to sail.  I'm no longer needing a boat which will keep me out at sea for days at a time.  Daisy IV, whilst smaller, provides a more versatile platform for a springer spaniel.  Being an open boat, Kizzy gets to clamber all over.  Additionally, going ashore is a doddle.  We have even camped aboard.  So, after much thought, Daisy III went on the market last Autumn and I'm pleased that she now has a new owner.

I've always thought that we are merely custodians of our craft.  It’s been an absolute privilege to sail in Daisy III and I hope to meet her again on the water one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment